Monday, October 29, 2007

Tremor syndrome

I had a resident working with me a couple of years ago. She was good natured, intelligent, and hard-working, I had never had occasion to scold her for any reason. But she had a funny habit. Her hands would tremble rhythmically while operating if she sensed my presence nearby, and the tremors would go away as soon as I went away. No degree of sweet talk or reassurance would cure her, I don't know where she practices now, I would like to visit her once and see if I still have the same effect on her. Recently I found the same phenomenon in two of my residents, both girls-One of them is already qualified, and the other will qualify in six months. I called the qualified one after the operation was over and asked her if she had essential tremors. She said she did not. Then I asked her if she had tremors only if I was observing. She smiled and said it was so, Then I asked the other one, and she said the same thing. This was not a good sign. I seemed to be a monster, which I knew I wasn't. A week later, I found the second one was having similar tremors again. She knew I was in the OT, but not hear her. she was being assisted by my Associate professor, who was much more critical and outspoken than me, perhaps I was not the factor causative. To confirm this, [declared loudly that I was going away, Then I quietly instructed a houseman to inform me if her tremors disappeared after I went away-Ten minutes later he came out and told me the tremors had persisted. So either she had essential tremors, or any boss gave her tremors, not me alone. Now I need to observe her in action when both me and my Associate Professor are away, If she has tremors, those are essential tremors. If she doesn’t, she needs behavioral therapy, not us.

प्रशंसा करायचीय, नावे ठेवायचीयेत, काही विचारायचय, किंवा करायला आणखी चांगले काही सुचत नाहीये, तर क्लिक करा.

संपर्क