Monday, December 12, 2011

Funny Requests

We keep meeting medical representatives, who keep making requests for prescribing their products. Some of them have funny choice of words. Some examples are given here.
"Doctor, we have these five products" says one, and enumerates them. "Doctor, I majorly request our product xxxxx."
I wondered if the word 'majorly' was in English. I looked up the dictionary, and could not find it. Probably the fellow meant that his main request was for prescription of that product.
Sometimes some particular product is expensive, and costs much more than competitive brands from other companies. When I object that it costs too much, the fellow says "Doctor, I agree it is expensive. But I request you to prescribe it at least to your affordable patients."
I suppose the fellow means 'affording' and not 'affordable'. I don't dare to think what he means if he means to use the word 'affordable' appropriately. I never corrected anyone because I am reluctant to hurt someone's feelings who does that work for a living, not because he or she loves it. You may object to this sentence, saying they could be loving their job. Well, if they did, they would pay more attention to their grammar, wouldn't they?
There are many more such. Perhaps I will update this post some time.

प्रशंसा करायचीय, नावे ठेवायचीयेत, काही विचारायचय, किंवा करायला आणखी चांगले काही सुचत नाहीये, तर क्लिक करा.

संपर्क