Friday, June 15, 2012

Who Was I?

It is a question that has troubled many a philosopher, but not in the past tense. 'Who Am I?' has been said by many people with deep thinking abilities, trying to find out deep things about self. I asked this question in a different context.
I use StatCounter, which a wonderful free net service, that tells one about the visits to one's website or blog. It tells many things related to it, including how a person reaches one's website or blog. I had a visitor the other day, who had reached my blog using another wonderful free net service - Google. The search terms he had used were 'Who was s v purulekar?'
He/she was from West Bengal. A few things about the Google search made me wonder. One was that my initials were in lower case, and so was the p at the beginning of my surname. Perhaps the guy had forgotten to press the shift key while typing. The other thing was that he had put 'u' in place of 'a' in my surname. Credit goes to Google search engine, which got him to 'S.V. Parulekar' when he had asked for 's v purulekar'. The main disturbing thing was that he thought I belonged to the past tense, while I was still around - perhaps not around his hometown, but definitely somewhere out there. Perhaps he thought all great people belonged to the past? :-)

प्रशंसा करायचीय, नावे ठेवायचीयेत, काही विचारायचय, किंवा करायला आणखी चांगले काही सुचत नाहीये, तर क्लिक करा.

संपर्क