Friday, May 21, 2010

Vesical Lymph Node?

We were performing a laparotomy. When we opened the abdomen, we found dense bowel adhesions and a cyst in the sigmoid mesocolon. Ours is a multispecialty hospital. So we called for a surgeon. While we were waiting for him, I had an idea. The patient was thin and the bulb of the Foley's catheter placed in her bladder was seen as a bulge in the dome of the bladder. I asked the resident who was operating what the bulge was. He palpated it for some time and declared it was a lymph node. I was surprised. So I asked the Registrar who was assisting for the operation what her opinion was. She felt it for some time and said it could be a lymph node. I was lost for words. How they expected a lymph node to be under the vesical peritoneum and that too a mobile one was beyond comprehension. I kept shaking my head until it dawned on her that it was the bulb of the Foley's catheter. I am beginning to feel they get confused when I ask them a question, thinking the answer must essentially be a complex one.

प्रशंसा करायचीय, नावे ठेवायचीयेत, काही विचारायचय, किंवा करायला आणखी चांगले काही सुचत नाहीये, तर क्लिक करा.

संपर्क