Friday, November 26, 2010

Rest Room Approach

Rest Room Approach I had read a couple of books that highlight the fact that women and men think differently. I knew it was right, and that was the reason of many marital conflicts. One of the books gave an example which said that it was perfectly normal for a woman to ask another woman “I am going to the rest room. Would you like to go too?” The other woman finds nothing abnormal in that and they happily go there together. It further stated that a man would never ask another man this question, and if he did, the other one and others listening in would think he was crazy. It stated that the woman used this opportunity to talk, empathize, interact on different issues etc. I never could confirm this, because they don't say this in front of men. I am proud to say that my institute has given me that opportunity. They have been repairing the building where my department was. It has been going on for more than a year now, and in the meantime they have given me desk space in the bill section. This room and an adjacent room have a joint rest room for women. The rest room no less unattractive and unclean than most of municipal facilities. There are doors opening into both the rooms. The procedure is that if anyone goes into the rest room, she locks the other door from inside for the duration of use of that room. Thus no other woman surprises her by entering it accidentally. I don't see the purpose of this arrangement, because solo entries into that room are practically unknown. Usually the employees enter this restroom from the adjacent room because in our room there is a male clerk and me, and they probably find it uncomfortable passing in front of us to such a destination. But occasionally the women in the adjacent room lock up their room from inside or outside, and then our room is the only access point for the other women. Usually they go there is pairs. But for the last two days, things have been different. They have a workshop of some sort in the auditorium on the third floor. Yesterday, five women came together and went into the rest room. The noise made by two women is within reasonable limits. One can continue to work though the efficiency is reduced. But five women made so much noise, that we had to stop all work and do deep breathing to control the blood pressure. Today seven women marched in. I wished I had ear plugs. I wonder how they can be so merry in such a small and so unclean a space.

प्रशंसा करायचीय, नावे ठेवायचीयेत, काही विचारायचय, किंवा करायला आणखी चांगले काही सुचत नाहीये, तर क्लिक करा.

संपर्क