Wednesday, October 5, 2011

Three Piece

The contractor has supplied our wards with cots and mattresses. The mattresses seemed OK, until the other day the sister in charge of the ward disillusioned me.
"Sir, look at these mattresses" she said.
I looked. The mattress was made of sponge. There were three sections of equal length, placed end to end. A single covered was stitched over all of them. The cover was torn exactly at the junction of adjacent pieces.
"Sir, the cover got torn in one day after supply. I asked the contractor to replace it. The new one tore similarly."
I was aghast.
"There are many defective mattresses like this" she said.
"Who is the manufacturer?" I asked.
"It is said to be Godrej."
I could not believe it.
"Perhaps it is outsourced to another supplier" I said.
"Perhaps. There is no brand name printed anywhere on the mattress."
"Irrespective of who the manufacturer is, do not accept defective supply" I advised. "If you acknowledge receipt, state it is pending approval after checking quality."
She seemed to like that idea. I left wondering how the contractor dare supply defective goods without any qualms.

प्रशंसा करायचीय, नावे ठेवायचीयेत, काही विचारायचय, किंवा करायला आणखी चांगले काही सुचत नाहीये, तर क्लिक करा.

संपर्क