Monday, December 10, 2012

Ultimate Faith or Cute Thinking?

She was a young woman. She came to us with a complaint of white discharge. She had some infection, which was treated appropriately.
"Doctor, I still have some discharge" she said.
"Do you have any itching" I asked.
"No. But the discharge comes off and and on" she said.
"With respect to the beginning of the cycle, could you tell me when it is sen and when it is not?" I asked her.
"It is seen about 2 weeks from the beginning of the cycle" she said.
I checked her and found nothing wrong with her. It was physiological discharge. I had to explaint it to her.
"This discharge is natural. Ovulation takes place about 14 days after the beginning of a 28 day cycle. If the discharge is abundant and watery at this time, the sperm find it easier to travel up and fertilize the ovum. It is the arrangement made by God so that women can have babies. Who am I to try and stop God's wish and who are you to wish it stopped?" I said.
"But I have had a sterilization operation" she said. "Now I don't need the discharge."
I was speechless. She believed in God and was innocent enough to believe that God would stop the discharge when He realized that she had undergone sterilization and did not need it any more. Served me right to bring God into it, when I could have said it was the way human body was made.
"God probably cannot keep watching what every human being needs and change physiology accordingly" I told her. "Be happy there is nothing wrong with you and live happily with what He has given you."
She went away not unhappy.

प्रशंसा करायचीय, नावे ठेवायचीयेत, काही विचारायचय, किंवा करायला आणखी चांगले काही सुचत नाहीये, तर क्लिक करा.

संपर्क