Sunday, April 21, 2013

DNA and iPad Mini

There is a newspaper called 'dna' that is published 4 major cities in India. It is from a group called Bhaskar Group. About 4 days ago they put out an ad asking for creative readers to design a masthead for their Sunday newspaper. The prize for the winner was an iPad Mini.
"I want to participate" I said. "I like to think I am creative."
"Well. go ahead" she said. "You are creative."
"I am not sure they mean to give away the prize" I said. "Their ad says 'the winner stands to win an iPad Mini, not that the winner gets an iPad Mini."
"Perhaps it is bad composition? You should buy an iPad if you want one, anyway."
"I don't want one actually" I said "but I sure would like to be a winner in creative designing competition. I disagree on the issue of bad composition. They are all qualified journalists there. They mean what they say."
I designed a 3D masthead that evening. It looked like this.
"That is the earth down there, with our country seen in green" I told my wife. "The yellow sphere in the circle of 'd' is the sun, which stands for the Bhaskar Group. The two vertical limbs of the 'n' are two pens, the oblique line of the .n. is a microscope depicting scrutiny of the news, and there is a 3D bar diagram in the circle of the 'a' depicting results of the analysis of data by the newspaper. I have painted the letters of 'dna' the same colors as the newspaper's original title."
"It looks good" she said.
They declared the result today. I did not win. I did not make it to the list of some 5 designs they showed in addition to the winning entry. None of them was 3D like mine. They looked more like Photoshop output.
"They evaluated 650 entries from Saturday noon to midnight, when they went to press. You think they even looked at my entry?" I asked my wife.
"I don't know" she said. "Whether they liked it or not does not matter. It was your happiness at creating something that matters."
"Yes, that and also that you thought it was a winner."


प्रशंसा करायचीय, नावे ठेवायचीयेत, काही विचारायचय, किंवा करायला आणखी चांगले काही सुचत नाहीये, तर क्लिक करा.

संपर्क