Sunday, July 28, 2013

Rain Maker

He was supposed to be brilliant. I would not have known him but for his wife, who happened to be one of my resident doctors. They had been married before she came to work in our institute. She brought him to meet me much after her residency got over. He was PhD something from MIT or something in US. He had invented something and was making lots of money by marketing the product. I was happy for them.
One day he came to see me sans the wife. There had been some tiff and he wanted me to intervene so that she would see and follow his way.
"I have powers" he told me conversationally. "I belong to the elite few of the inner circle close to Lord Krishna."
I knew he was a devotee, but I had not known he had reached the inner circle.
"I can do things, but I do not want to use my powers on her" he said.
"Whew!" I thought.
"We of the inner circle have powers. For example, I can make it rain, and I can make it stop raining."
I looked out the window. It was a bright sunny day. I wished he would make it rain so that the heat would be bearable. He probably read my thoughts, but chose to ignore them. It did not rain.
"I love my wife. She says you are naive. Please tell her to change herself or there will be trouble" he said.
He went away. Probably he also thought I was naive. I must be naive. Every year when there is no rain, I think of him and wish he would make it rain. During the deluge on 26th July a few years ago I thought of him and wished he would make it stop raining and save lives. He could make more money hiring out his powers to governments than by selling his scientific product.
I am waiting for him to meet me again. I will request him to show me his ability to make it rain. I had not done so last time out of decency or perhaps being shell shocked after hearing about it. Now I am out of shock, and as curious as ever.

प्रशंसा करायचीय, नावे ठेवायचीयेत, काही विचारायचय, किंवा करायला आणखी चांगले काही सुचत नाहीये, तर क्लिक करा.

संपर्क