Sunday, May 25, 2014

LED for Ear Examination

Usually there is no power cut in Mumbai, and a torch is required but occasionally. I use a torch may be once or twice a year. In this idle period, usually the battery cells have leaked all their charge and the torch does not work when required. When our maid servant brought her young nephew for an emergency ear examination the other day, our torch did not work. My wife tried her mobile phone's torch, but the light was not enough. Then I had an idea.


My cousin had gifted us an LED laptop light source. We never used it, because we did not really need it. I connected the LED light source to the USB port of the desktop, switched on the mains, but did not boot the computer. The current passed through the SMPS to the LED light source, and it gave out intense white light.
"This is very good" my wife said. "It is even better than the examination light in my dispensary."
The maid servant was duly impressed, and I suppose so was the nephew. My wife gave appropriate treatment to the nephew and they went away happy. I was happy too because my original idea had worked, and also because I had opportunity for developing a new 3D model. The one shown above is the one I made.

प्रशंसा करायचीय, नावे ठेवायचीयेत, काही विचारायचय, किंवा करायला आणखी चांगले काही सुचत नाहीये, तर क्लिक करा.

संपर्क