Sunday, October 12, 2014

Maneuver The Idiots

There was a circular about a new medical college that the civic body wanted to start. It seemed the building was ready. There was already a hospital, now renovated, to be attached to the college. There would be an inspection by the Medical Council to decide if the college could be allowed to start. What remained was to employ people to run it. The circular stated that existing doctors-teachers in the medical colleges would be transferred to that college, and the posts that became vacant due to transfer of these doctors would be filled up in due course. They had asked the aspirants to attend a meeting. There was a huge rush, and many people had to stand during the meeting. There was no concrete decision about who would be finally transferred there. I had a few questions, which I asked the Boss, because I was concerned about continued recognition of my institute.
"What happens if Medical Council holds our inspection between my faculty is transferred and new persons are employed? What if the new people are not employed at all? After all, many of our posts remain vacant for years."
"The civic Boss has promised that these posts will be filled up. So they will be filled up" I was told.
"But why not fill up the posts in the new medical college directly? Why take away our people and fill up our posts later on?"
They have decided to do it this way. Trust the Civic Boss."
I definitely trusted this, until I heard about the court order during another meeting, where people were voicing their grievances to the Assistant Civic Boss, in presence of Boss and Boss' Boss.
"We are not getting promoted to Associate Professor and Professor" the people complained.
"We cannot promote anyone. There is a stay on all such appointments by the High Court. It has been there for many months" they were told.
'Ah!' I thought. 'That explains why they won't employ new teachers directly. They are ordered by the High Court not to employ any teachers. But then how were they going to fill up posts made vacant by taking away our faculty?'
When I voiced my concern to a knowledgeable person, he said, "this is called maneuvering the idiots."
"Who are the idiots?" I asked.
"Those who believe them" he said.

प्रशंसा करायचीय, नावे ठेवायचीयेत, काही विचारायचय, किंवा करायला आणखी चांगले काही सुचत नाहीये, तर क्लिक करा.

संपर्क