Wednesday, January 6, 2010

3 Idiots

I saw this movie last weekend. Actually, I saw may be 2% of the movie, since I cannot bear to watch moving objects on a movie, TV or computer screen. I sat through the movie with my eyes closed, opening them when I could not understand something. I listened well, and enjoyed the movie very much. My wife and son were there to tell me in case I missed something visual. The story has some parts of Chetan Bhagat’s novel ‘Five Point Someone’, and still it is different. Bhagat did not give any message, while ‘3 Idiots’ gives many very strong ones, about how to learn what one want to most rather than what the parents want one to, how to enjoy learning something new every day, how to excel rather than how to succeed, how not to get into the rat race and try to come out a winner by just learning things by heart to reproduce them in exam, how to think rather than do what everyone has been doing before, how to live life rather than go through life, how to teach things in simple and enjoyable form that would go a long way and educating children. Rancho is a very strong character, and Aamir Khan has done that part very well. In fact, all characters have been well portrayed. I strongly recommend the movie to all parents whose children are getting educated, all children who are getting educated, and all educators. I was emotional too, partly because I am a teacher too, and knew what it was all about. I was emotional also because I am a father whose son has just spent 3.5 years away from home in a prestigious engineering college where students reach through a rat race, and where things happen like they happened in ‘3 Idiots’. Perhaps what was happening in the movie was that part of my son’s life that he did not tell us about, but what we always wanted to see because we were the parents. I congratulate everyone who has been involved with making of this movie.

प्रशंसा करायचीय, नावे ठेवायचीयेत, काही विचारायचय, किंवा करायला आणखी चांगले काही सुचत नाहीये, तर क्लिक करा.

संपर्क