Monday, December 27, 2010

Logical Journal

I had an interesting case of primary abdominal ectopic pregnancy diagnosed early. She insisted on operative treatment rather than observation or medical therapy. So we performed a laparoscopy on her and removed it from the surface of the back of the right broad ligament. Since there is no documentation of such an image in the literature, I sent it to our staff society journal. It is a high tech journal. It accepts articles online. I received a reminder from the editor that I had not responded to his request to correct the reference to required format. It reminded me of municipal working style, where reminders are sent without having sent a prior letter. Anyway I corrected the reference the way he wanted it and sent it. Then the online system told me that I had to send a glossy print of the image to the journal's office because I had sent a revised manuscript. I was surprised, because the journal does not require a print primarily, but only if a revision of the article is required. It has no logic. It seems to be a method of teaching people a lesson when they do not send the manuscript as required. The journal also asked me for an image of ultrasonogram of the patient, when I had not even mentioned it in the text. I think the people on the editorial board have some funny concepts only because they are on that board. They are like our politicians. They get elected in staff society elections, they run the journal using money deducted from our salaries without our consent, and then boss over us. I have half a mind to withdraw the article and post the image on my blog.

प्रशंसा करायचीय, नावे ठेवायचीयेत, काही विचारायचय, किंवा करायला आणखी चांगले काही सुचत नाहीये, तर क्लिक करा.

संपर्क