Friday, February 11, 2011

Lord-Like Attitude

It is wonderful to have people working for you who have capabilities of a Lord. We have someone who perhaps does not have the capabilities, but has the attitude. When we decide to get some new equipment, this person comes up with a great suggestion, like so and so equipment made by so and so company is wonderful, and let us get it. When I say we could get something more economical, this person counters saying it is far better to get what that person has suggested. So I ask that person to get me the details, like the address, telephone number of the vendor and the technical specifications of the equipment. That is where the enthusiasm dies. After patiently waiting for a week or so, I remind that person to get me the details asked for and settle down to wait some more. The answer never comes. By now I have learned not to rely on this person and process the purchase, or we would never get anything. Our 'Lord in attitude' person is meant for things like making suggestions and get others, including higher ranking officers to work out the details which mere mortals should be doing anyway. When I was a student, the psychiatry professors used to call such behavior as megalomania. I wonder if they would still call it the same.

प्रशंसा करायचीय, नावे ठेवायचीयेत, काही विचारायचय, किंवा करायला आणखी चांगले काही सुचत नाहीये, तर क्लिक करा.

संपर्क