Friday, March 4, 2011

Come right in

I had finished my OT and was changing into my street clothes in the changing room. There was only one changing room for the entire OT complex and I had had to wait in queue for some time before I could get in. I rushed through the changing process because I knew others would be waiting. It was less than a minute (I timed it with my breathing - 16 breaths a minute, there being no watch) when someone banged loudly on the door. I knew it would not be my unit staff members or residents, because they were sitting nearby the door and chatting. I was through, so I opened the door and said loudly,"Come right in". There was no one outside the door. Everyone outside laughed loudly at my invitation to come right in. "She ran away, Sir" my assistant Professor informed me. I looked in the direction he pointed out, and saw a Registrar of the other unit hiding near the door of the other OT. "Sorry Sir" she said. "It is OK" I said. "Everyone around here believes he or she is more important than anyone else, and that results in this sort of thing. No one would remain inside a changing room or a toilet longer than necessary. But would anyone outside that closed door believe that? Once I was in the toilet near our office. Suddenly someone shook the door so powerfully that I was afraid it would come off its hinges. It must be Dr. XXXXX, I thought because there was no one stronger than her in the department. I Opened the door and there was Dr XXXXX as predicted, glaring angrily at whoever who had dared to occupy the toilet when she needed it. "I knew it would be you, from the way you rattled the door" I said. "Oh, it was you! I did not know it was you" she offered lamely. So a courtesy of not hurrying someone inside a toilet was to be shown only to senior or higher ranking officers.

प्रशंसा करायचीय, नावे ठेवायचीयेत, काही विचारायचय, किंवा करायला आणखी चांगले काही सुचत नाहीये, तर क्लिक करा.

संपर्क