Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Z-shaped Screw

I don’t know if they make z-shaped screw. They probably don’t because the market for such screws would be extremely limited. I tried to find one in the hardware stores around my house, but could not. You will wonder why I would need one shaped like Z. I would have thought the same until today morning. It so happened that we got a new mirror for the dressing table. It had to be fitted in such a manner that the drawer above it would open without having to take the mirror down. But the mirror manufacturer had thought differently, and had put the slot for hanging the mirror 1.5” from the edge. So the upper edge of the mirror would overlap the door of the drawer. If only I could fit the screw at the right place and the head of the screw would be 1.5” lower! As I thought this, I got the idea that a Z-shaped screw would do the trick. So I went on round of the stores and failed to find one. I am not beaten that easily. If they don’t make such screws, I will modify one into that shape, I thought. Then I found a long screw of appropriate size of the head. I used two pliers to hold it and bent it with a twisting force for the first bend and a hammer for the second bend. It turned out to be OK, but could not be fitted with a screw driver. I used pliers to hold it end on and screwed it in. Now the mirror stands there proudly. I wonder if I could have found a carpenter to visit us for fitting one screw, and more important, to design a screw like that.

प्रशंसा करायचीय, नावे ठेवायचीयेत, काही विचारायचय, किंवा करायला आणखी चांगले काही सुचत नाहीये, तर क्लिक करा.

संपर्क