Tuesday, February 12, 2013

Paint - Catalyst Tool

I often encounter the problem of pasting images from the internet into a word processor (like MS Word) or a presentation software (like MS Powerpoint). The images get pasted in the word processor all right, but remain visible only as long as I remain connected to the net. So if I disconnect and clear the temporary internet files cache, there are no images in the document. So I cannot take the document on a pen drive and read it on a computer offline, nor can I see the images the next time I open the document when offline. In a presentation software, it is even worse. Often the images do not get pasted, or if they do, they just occupy space without the contents being seen. Or they take a very long time to load. One way to save the word document with images permanently available is to print it as a PDF file using a postscript printer. They remain in it even when I go offline. The other way is using MS Paint.
In this trick I copy the image and paste it into MS Paint. Then I cut it from there and paste it into the word processor document. Having come from MS Paint rather than from the net, it remains in the document forever. I think it has to be the address of the image on net being pasted as a link rather than the image itself, so that it has to be downloaded every time the document is being opened for reading. Using MS Paint as an intermediary solves this problem. It works very well when pasting images in presentation slides too.

प्रशंसा करायचीय, नावे ठेवायचीयेत, काही विचारायचय, किंवा करायला आणखी चांगले काही सुचत नाहीये, तर क्लिक करा.

संपर्क