Friday, February 8, 2013

Sign of Impending Departure

I have seen a lot of people join the institute and leave it too. Now I have developed a method of predicting when they will leave.
I had assigned the task of preparing manuscripts for publication of scientific articles to my Assistant Professors and Resident Doctors. The latter managed their articles but the Assistant Professors did not. When one of the latter approached me and said he was leaving for a job in his home town with just a day's notice, I said, "I knew you were leaving."
"How did you know that?"  he asked with surprise. He had been trying for that job for quite some time, but had not told us if he had landed it.
"I knew it when you would not write the scientific article I had asked you to write, despite repeated reminders and deadline after deadline" I said. "This sign is diagnostic. I knew our erstwhile Boss was leaving, when everybody but he was saying he was leaving. He finally left without telling us after three months of gossip about it."
"How did you know it?"
"He used to get every tile fitted as soon as it came off the wall of the newly repaired building" I said. "He stopped doing that three months before he left."
"...." my answer apparently convinced him that the sign was diagnostic of impending resignations.
My other Assistant Professor has still not written his article despite repeated reminders and newer and newer deadlines. :-)

प्रशंसा करायचीय, नावे ठेवायचीयेत, काही विचारायचय, किंवा करायला आणखी चांगले काही सुचत नाहीये, तर क्लिक करा.

संपर्क