Tuesday, February 18, 2014

Hey Google: See What Facebook is Doing

I run this blog using a free service given by Google. Besides being free, it is a good service too. I know that web search engines use bots for indexing web pages. Using Statcounter, a web based service, I know who visits my blog. My blog used to be visited regularly by Google bot. Then the frequency waned, and now it rarely visits my blog. Bingbot had started visiting my blog in between, but now I hear Microsoft is trying to cut losses by not working much on Bing. On the other hand, Facebook seems to have developed an interest in search activities. Not only are its visits to my blog increased, but it does it in a very funny way. At a given instant, precise to the second, it visits my blog from four different servers. This has happened not once, but on many occasions. I have shown here just one screenshot of that. I wonder why they have to do it from four places. I wonder if Google knows what Facebook is up to. Facebook has no reason to be interested in my blog. I have practically no presence on Facebook. It must be doing this as a routine. I hope it does not harm Google. Google is a good company. Besides, I want my blog to continue to be too. :-)
23-02-2014
For those who think it could be a coincidence, here is another.

प्रशंसा करायचीय, नावे ठेवायचीयेत, काही विचारायचय, किंवा करायला आणखी चांगले काही सुचत नाहीये, तर क्लिक करा.

संपर्क