Wednesday, April 9, 2014

A Girl, A Doggie, and Me

I was in a hurry. I had to reach the hospital urgently and I was a little late. The footpath available to walk on was narrow, thanks to hawkers. Suddenly I had to slow down. There was a guy who was walking his doggie on a leash, going in the same direction as I. There was a girl walking on a collision course with me. I thought she would respect my age and move a little to one side, so that both of us could pass without interruption. But she did not think so. I could have moved behind the guy and his doggie until the girl passed, and then moved on by their side. But that would have taken some time, given that the doggie's stride was one fifth mine, and the girl's stride two thirds mine. I looked at the girl again, hoping she would adjust. She still showed no sign of letting up. It was then that the doggie decided to help me. It moved right in between me and the girl, so that now it was on a collision course with the girl. The girl was not afraid of an elderly man who was a foot taller than her, but was afraid of the doggie barely a foot tall. She immediately changed lanes and made our lane free for the doggie. The doggie seemed to like her or was determined to help me. It moved back to its original lane. The girl was fast. She started moving back to her original lane. I was faster. I had been watching not just the doggie like her, but both the doggie and the girl together. So I planned my strategy faster than her. I made longer strides and passed by her even before she could set even one foot in her old lane. The doggiedid not bite her. I did not have time to turn back and see, but I can say it did not because there was no scream.
Some smartxxx reader may say I should have let her pass, like I would have if she had been my daughter. Well, I thought she should have let an old, anxious man pass like perhaps she would have if he had been her father.

प्रशंसा करायचीय, नावे ठेवायचीयेत, काही विचारायचय, किंवा करायला आणखी चांगले काही सुचत नाहीये, तर क्लिक करा.

संपर्क