Thursday, April 17, 2014

Pillar To Post?

She was a young woman with an early pregnancy. She was admitted to the ward meant for a short stay, until she would be fit t be discharged, or was found to have a persistent problem, which would necessitate her transfer to the antenatal ward. We were taking a round of the ward.
"Does it hurt in the abdomen?" I asked her.
"..." she barely moved her lips, not looking at me.
"I did not get it" I said. "Does it hurt in the abdomen?"
"A little" she said, turning to one side to face a pillar nearby.
"Is there any bleeding?" I asked with some concern.
"No" she murmured, turning through 180 degrees to face another pillar.
"Is she moving from pillar to post?" I asked, knowing full well she was avoiding the doctors on the round. It was beyond me to know what she planned to achieve by not answering the doctors' questions, and by even avoiding them.
"No. She is moving from pillar to pillar" came the answer with a grin from an Assistant Professor.

प्रशंसा करायचीय, नावे ठेवायचीयेत, काही विचारायचय, किंवा करायला आणखी चांगले काही सुचत नाहीये, तर क्लिक करा.

संपर्क