Monday, July 14, 2014

How To Remove IT PDF File Password

The Income Tax department sends the tax payers PDF files about acknowledgement of IT return, intimations, and form of TDS and advance tax credited. They are password protected, which is a good thing in case the file reaches wrong people. But when it reaches the rightful recipient, the password becomes a bother. Every time you have to open the file, you have to type in the password, and sometimes it is a combination of your PAN and birth date, while in case of the last one, it is the birth date in a peculiar format. I prefer to remove the password when I store the file on my hard disk or pen drive. There are two perfectly legal methods of doing so.

  1. I open the file in PDFXchange viewer, which is a free PDF reader. It asks for the password, which I type in. When the file is open, I go to file -> Document Properties -> Security, and remove the security in the form of password to open the file. Alternatively, one can just print the file using a PDF driver - I use Primo PDF, a freeware. The new PDF file does not have a password.
  2. When the security is such that changing security is disabled, I use the print as PDF option and the new PDF does not have the password.

This should help those who are bothered by having to type in passwords to open PDF files which are their own.

प्रशंसा करायचीय, नावे ठेवायचीयेत, काही विचारायचय, किंवा करायला आणखी चांगले काही सुचत नाहीये, तर क्लिक करा.

संपर्क