Tuesday, January 6, 2015

A Kind Soul

I had made an appeal for anyone to suggest a place on the web where I could post my free ebooks on Obstetrics and Gynecology. Finally a kind soul replied. He/she did not disclose his/her identity, so we have to refer to the kind soul as he/she. He/she suggested Google Drive, DropBox, Box, and One Cloud. These sites permit online storage and file sharing. One Cloud seems to be a paid service. I uploaded my books on the Google Drive for many reasons. The first was that I liked Google. It has given me solutions to many difficulties, and I thought these books should help people through Google. The second reason was that Google would show these ebooks on priority when searched. It was indeed the case. When I searched for 'Shashank Parulekar free ebooks', the first link was the page where I put these links. Actually I have given links on the images of my books shown in one of my blog posts HERE. When a blog reader clicks on that image, the ebook opens. It can be saved from there. I do not have to share the links with people. They just do Google search, reach that page, and click on the book images. That is really quite smooth and satisfying.
I had submitted one book to project Gutenberg too, and it can be downloaded from there. Actually I am feeling quite proud that my ebook is available on such a prestigious site. Google search shows that link too. It is HERE. The process of submitting an ebook there is a bit lengthy. When I find time, I will post the other ebook there too.

I am grateful to that anonymous kind soul for his/her suggestion. I hope this post will help others who want to post their free ebooks on the net. After all, our kind soul may not read their appeals and email them as he/she emailed me.

प्रशंसा करायचीय, नावे ठेवायचीयेत, काही विचारायचय, किंवा करायला आणखी चांगले काही सुचत नाहीये, तर क्लिक करा.

संपर्क