Sunday, January 18, 2015

Mask For Siamese Twins

Surgical masks are available in sterile form, one each in sealed plastic bags. Those are for buyers with a small requirement. Our hospital sometimes buys them in bulk. They are not sterile. They are autoclaved prior to use. I found the mask shown below in the drum with such autoclaved masks.


There are two masks, with three ties at three corners each, and a long tie joining the fourth corners of the two masks. It must have been manufactured in some small scale industry, and the worker sewing the ties (tapes) to the masks must have forgotten to cut the long one joining the two. It reminded me of Siamese twins or conjoined twins. I showed it to my colleagues and residents in the OT. They were also surprised to see such a mask. There was merriment all round when I said, "It must have been meant for use by Siamese twins".

प्रशंसा करायचीय, नावे ठेवायचीयेत, काही विचारायचय, किंवा करायला आणखी चांगले काही सुचत नाहीये, तर क्लिक करा.

संपर्क