Wednesday, February 11, 2015

What If They Know?

There are different types of wrong and evil doings. If we exclude what is done by fanatics who fully believe in whatever they do, we have a lot of things that people do despite knowing they are wrong. They do not stop because there is nothing to make them want to stop. I was thinking about this when I thought of something new. There were some options that I considered.

  1. If one thinks "What if God knows what I am doing?", will one be deterred? Probably not. After all, God has been watching all the time, and has not punished one for the past wrongdoings. Who knows, there may not really be a day of reckoning. Why not continue to reap benefits of wrongdoing now?
  2. What if one thinks "What if my parents know what I am doing?" This is likely to act as a deterrent. Most people do not think this thought when they indulge in wrongdoing. Only a very few believe their parents are old and do not understand the world. They would not be deterred by this thought.
  3. If one thinks "What if my wife and my children know what I am doing?" This is less likely to work, because such people often are heads of their families and tend to make the wife and children shut up if they express their views on such matters.
  4. If one thinks "What if my friends and neighbors know what I am doing?" This  might work as people often want friends and neighbors to think highly of them.

The one option I have not listed here is thinking "I know what I am doing is wrong or evil, and will I be at peace with myself after doing this?" I believe this is the only option that would truly work towards preventing all wrong and evil things. I do not mean to preach, and of course you are free to choose any option or none at all, assuming you are not a Saint and do no wrong at any time.

प्रशंसा करायचीय, नावे ठेवायचीयेत, काही विचारायचय, किंवा करायला आणखी चांगले काही सुचत नाहीये, तर क्लिक करा.

संपर्क