Thursday, April 8, 2010

Dan Brown, Buddhism and Hinduism

Dan Brown is a great writer. I have read his books with interest and admiration. His research is good and story-telling abilities superb. It so happened that I read his “Angels and Demons” in 2010 when it was published in 2000. I wonder if anyone wrote on it before. The following quote is from his book “Angels and Demons” Hatha yoga? Langdon mused. The ancient Buddhist art of meditative stretching seemed an odd proficiency for the physicist daughter of a Catholic priest. My objection to this statement in his book is purely academic and has nothing to do with my being a Hindu. Hatha Yoga has its origin in Hindu Vedas and not in Buddhist practices. I wish Dan Brown had made an internet search for this before writing it. There are hundreds of references to be found with one mouse click. Though it does not decrease the entertainment value of the book, it is a minus point for its information value. No hard feelings Mr. Dan Brown, in case you happen to read this. I only wish you well.

प्रशंसा करायचीय, नावे ठेवायचीयेत, काही विचारायचय, किंवा करायला आणखी चांगले काही सुचत नाहीये, तर क्लिक करा.

संपर्क