Friday, April 23, 2010

Hardware Recovery

I was quite happy for two reasons. The first reason was that my theory of spontaneous recovery of non-functioning computer hardware was proved to be correct one more time. The second reason was that I had heeded my own advice and not thrown away my pen drive which refused to be read on a number of computers I tried. I had a backup of the data on that pen drive, and everyone including netizens out there and my computer engineer son had advised me to be practical, throw away the useless pen drive and move on. Well, I was sentimental about it because I had spent good money on it and believed in my theory of spontaneous recovery of dead hardware. SO I just kept it in my drawer for more than six months. Yesterday I needed a pen drive to put my music on (meaning music owned by me, not made by me). This pen drive was the only spare one I had. So I plugged it into my computer’s USB port, and it worked! Then I thought of our department’s computer scanner that had stopped functioning, tried on multiple machines. Our engineer had advised us to condemn it as it was not reparable. I had kept it on a shelf for a few weeks, and tried to use it again. It had worked without a glitch and is still working perfectly. Friends, I strongly recommend that you keep your non-functioning hardware if storage is not a problem, and there is no physical evidence of damage on it. It may just start working again some day.

प्रशंसा करायचीय, नावे ठेवायचीयेत, काही विचारायचय, किंवा करायला आणखी चांगले काही सुचत नाहीये, तर क्लिक करा.

संपर्क