Monday, August 2, 2010

Letter of Offer

I received the following email from a leading publishing house of medical books. Dear Doctor,   XXX presents classics in Gynecology   Please send us the name of the book you would recommend (Berek/ Telinde/both) & win Principles & Practice of Gynecologic Oncology by Levine & a sample chapter from essentials of gynecology by seshadri absolutely free*   *Offer valid for first 5 replies after your recommendation to students is confirmed by our sales representatives *Valid till 10th August 2010 Regards, Xxxxxxx Xxxxxx Product Manager Xxxxxxx Xxxxx Xxxxxx Xxxxxxx Xxxxx India (Crosses have been put in place of letters to protect the identity of the company and the writer of the email, though in my opinion they do not deserve such protection. You could always Google the titles to surmise who the concerned company and person are.) I wrote back to the company: Does it not look like unethical marketing to you? It does to me. I find it insulting too, since you imply that I cannot afford to buy the book you have offered, and I would do such a lowly thing to get it free from your company.

प्रशंसा करायचीय, नावे ठेवायचीयेत, काही विचारायचय, किंवा करायला आणखी चांगले काही सुचत नाहीये, तर क्लिक करा.

संपर्क