Thursday, January 27, 2011

Flag hoisting ceremony

I heard this conversation in the canteen. The speakers were sitting behind me and they could not see me. “Are you going for the Republic Day celebrations?” “Where” “To the college.” “No. I have to go to the celebrations in our housing society. A celebration is effective wherever it is done. It is like praying to God. You do not have to go to a particular temple to do it. God gets the prayer no matter from where you offer it.” “I understand. Is that the only reason you are not going?” “The other reason is that it is at 7:00 A.M. I cannot reach the college at 7:00 A.M. I do not get up at that time.” “Now I can see why they invite a retired professor to hoist the flag on Independence day and Republic day.” “What do you mean?” “This is their only chance to get the professors to the institute early, who otherwise reached by 11:30 A.M. to noon while they are working there.” I was tempted to turn around and see who it was. But then they would have seen me and realized I had heard them. So I waited until I heard them leave.

प्रशंसा करायचीय, नावे ठेवायचीयेत, काही विचारायचय, किंवा करायला आणखी चांगले काही सुचत नाहीये, तर क्लिक करा.

संपर्क