Thursday, August 18, 2011

Car in a Circus

When I was small, I used to go with my father to see a circus whenever one was in town. There were many things that I liked. One of them was a car that would be driven all around on the stage. As it drove around, its different parts would fall off one by one - a door, another door, boot cover, bonnet, headlights, body; until finally the driver would be on the chassis, still going round and round. I have not been to a circus for a long time now. But I often think of the good old days. I thought about it again after repair and renovation of our hospital building. The tube lights started falling off the ceiling first. Then the plumbing started coming off at places. The electric wall sockets broke off at places, and so did internet connection sockets. Granite came off walls and door frames. Now finally the plaster has started falling off the ceiling. In barely four months this has happened. We had moved out so that the breaking and broken things could be repaired. Now a lot of money has been spent and we are probably back to where we were before the repair started. "What shall we do?" the sister in charge of the concerned ward asked me, when the plaster fell off the ceiling in the ward's toilet block. "Inform the civil engineers, ask the patients to avoid going to the toilets near the danger zone, and if they have to go, tell them to go with God" I said.

प्रशंसा करायचीय, नावे ठेवायचीयेत, काही विचारायचय, किंवा करायला आणखी चांगले काही सुचत नाहीये, तर क्लिक करा.

संपर्क