Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Blessed Ring

That patient looked not so well off, which is what one can say about many patients coming to this hospital. But she had three rings on her fingers. I had examined her, made a diagnosis, and prescribed appropriate treatment. But I was curious about the rings, remembering the three rings worn by one of the characters in the movie 'Three Idiots". I had a feeling these rings had to do with superstition.
"Are these rings just ornaments or something more?" I asked her.
"These two are ornaments" she said, pointing towards two of them. "This third one is blessed by God."
"Blessed by God?"
"It is for good luck, good health and keeping away evil" she said.
"have you always worn it?" I asked. "You have been unwell for quite some time. Did the ring not help?"
"All treatment taken from other doctors failed. Now I have started wearing this ring after that."
"For how long?" I asked.
"I started wearing it when I came to this hospital" she said.
"She is wearing this ring to protect herself from us and our hospital" I told my Registrar. She just smiled.

प्रशंसा करायचीय, नावे ठेवायचीयेत, काही विचारायचय, किंवा करायला आणखी चांगले काही सुचत नाहीये, तर क्लिक करा.

संपर्क