Friday, February 17, 2012

Elder Sister

She was a middle aged woman. She presented to us with abnormal uterine bleeding. We found that she had two small leiomyomas in the uterus.
"Doctor, do I have to have my uterus removed surgically?" she asked. She had been advised that by someone else.
"There are different treatment options" I said. Then I explained them to her.
"What if I just wait?" she asked.
"You could do that. If you remain symptomatically OK with medical treatment, and you get menopause some time soon, your leiomyomas will regress" I said.
"But when will I get menopause?"
"It tends to happen at about the same age in sisters and their mother. Do you have an elder sister?"
"Yes."
"Is she menstruating?"
"Yes."
"Well, then it seems difficult. Hoe old is she?"
"Ten minutes older than me" she said.
"Ten minutes?"
"Yes. We are twins. She was born ten minutes before me."
I was taken aback. I had not expected her to have a twin sister, and then say the sister was elder by ten minutes. She had missed the whole point of my question, but still, technically she was right. You think you have seen it all, then you are suddenly proved wrong.

प्रशंसा करायचीय, नावे ठेवायचीयेत, काही विचारायचय, किंवा करायला आणखी चांगले काही सुचत नाहीये, तर क्लिक करा.

संपर्क