Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Rediscovering a Student

I was conducting a meeting of the PCPNDT committee. We were scrutinizing proposals for new registration as well as renewal of old registration.
"Sir, there are these two proposals. They have not applied in time, and they are refusing to pay the late fee. What shall we do?"
"You have to seal the machines as per the act, if they are no more registered" I said.
"They are demanding that we ask the PCPNDT committee rather than refuse them ourselves."
I checked the two proposals. Both applicants were very senior consultants, making a lot of money. There should not have been any need to try and save money. Anyway, they had to pay as per the act. So I wrote my remarks on their proposals, advising them to pay the late fee. Some time later, the person in charge came to meet me.
"Sir, there is one doctor who says she was your teacher."
"My teacher?" I was surprised. "I myself have been a teacher for thirty years. My teacher would be very old."
"Her name is x x xxxxxxx."
"Yes. She had been one of the bosses when I was a student and resident doctor. What does she want?"
"She has not applied for renewal of registration in time, and now she does not want to pay the late fee. Despite explaining the PCPNDT Act to her, she refuses. She is going to speak to you, you being her student."
"I don't think I can break the rules, even for my teacher. By the way, she said she did not like me as a student, for reasons she may not like to discuss with you. Why would she want my help now?" They all laughed. I had not said that to make anyone laugh. I had said this because I had truly been upset. This same person had attended our celebrations for our institute having completed 80 years three years ago, had promised to do something within her power to upgrade our department, and had not done it.

प्रशंसा करायचीय, नावे ठेवायचीयेत, काही विचारायचय, किंवा करायला आणखी चांगले काही सुचत नाहीये, तर क्लिक करा.

संपर्क