Monday, April 9, 2012

Resection of Lateral Uterine Walls

"Sir, this patient has come to us with scanty menstruation for three months."
"What seems to be the cause?" I asked. There would be some problem, or they would not tell me about one patient amongst a hundred and fifty which came to the outpatient clinic.
"She was operated on in a private hospital. They performed hysteroscopic resection of the lateral uterine walls."
Who did this?" I asked. This was something not found in the textbooks and journals.
"Dr xxxxxxx."
"Have you heard of this operation?" I asked my Assistant Professors.
"Sir, these new endoscopic surgeons keep doing this" they said
"What does it achieve?" I asked.
"Don't know."
We evaluated the woman further. She had developed Asherman's syndrome, thanks to the resection of the lateral uterine walls. I wish someone tells them to refrain from such an operation.

प्रशंसा करायचीय, नावे ठेवायचीयेत, काही विचारायचय, किंवा करायला आणखी चांगले काही सुचत नाहीये, तर क्लिक करा.

संपर्क