Monday, April 16, 2012

Send It Yesterday

"Sir, the central office has sent us a circular today."
The clerk sounded upset. So I left what I was doing and looked at that circular. It wanted us to send our Aadhar card information by 12th, or they would freeze our salaries.
"The circular is dated the tenth, it reached us on the twelfth, and they want us to send the information on the eleventh" the clerk said.
"I noticed that" I said.
"How can people send information in the past, Sir?"
"They cannot" I said.
"The dispatch section delayed it by a day" she said.
"It is quite remarkable that they sent it in two days. I have seen them taking a month to do it, when the walking distance between their section and the farthest point in the institute is of ten minutes" I said. "I have seen them send letters to wrong sections. In fact, one of the previous Deans would tell us to have patience, when our letters to her would not reach us with her remarks. She would say the dispatch section could take weeks to deliver letters."
"...." the clerk kept quiet. She knew that particular Dean used to keep certain letters in her own possession, and blame the delay on the dispatch section. That Dean had kept my appointment letter for a month with herself, and maintained that it had been dispatched.
"But they have not sent us any letter before this one. How can they threaten to take disciplinary action for failure of compliance, when they give just one day to do it?" one staff member asked.
"They must have received a strict memo from the head office" I said.
"But why?"
"Because the responsibility of getting the work of the Aadhar cards done in this city was put on the civic chief, I hear. Charity begins at home. So probably all civic employees are forced to show that they have done it."
"Are they going to replace our 'employee code number' with this 'unique identification number' on the Aadhar card?" another staff member asked.
"Let us wait and see" I said. In the meantime, send your Aadhar card information as asked."
"Shall we send it yesterday?" my people seemed to be quite angry.
"Send it now. The timeline in the civic body is so warped, there seems to be a fourth dimension here. Send it tomorrow, with dispatch date of three days ago, and they will receive it yesterday" I advised.
They looked at me with respect. If anyone could handle the civic body's timeline, it was I.

प्रशंसा करायचीय, नावे ठेवायचीयेत, काही विचारायचय, किंवा करायला आणखी चांगले काही सुचत नाहीये, तर क्लिक करा.

संपर्क