Friday, October 19, 2012

Pseudo Belladonna Eyes

Belladonna is Italian for "beautiful lady". Belladonna was used by 16th century women to give their eyes a sexy and dreamy look (by dilating the pupils). I was doubly surprised to see these eyes on a man recently.
This fellow was a retired gynecologist. I met him in a scientific meeting. He knew all about my institute, including a non-gynec professor who wanted to become a Dean once, had got selected by MPSC, had started clearing his desk, and suddenly declared he did not want to be a Dean. A lot of stories had circulated for this happening. I never knew the truth, because I did not ask that Professor.
This fellow asked me,
"Dr. xxxxxxx who is in your department still calls me on teachers' day."
I smiled politely.
Then he opened his eyes wide, fixed them on me in a dramatic way, and said,
"Is Professor xxxx still there?"
"He is there" I confirmed.
"He wanted to become a Dean once, but suddenly he stopped being keen on it...." he said with a half smile and even more belladona in his eyes. He stopped and waited for me to give an explanation for Professor's xxxx's mysterious behavior.
"There were some stories" I said and changed the subject.
I was surprised that a man could make such belladonna eyes. I was surprised also because he reminded me of Dr. xxxxxxx, who had apparently been his student. This doctor also used to make belladonna eyes at me and make unfinished statements and wait for me to provide information. The same eyes, the same look on the face, the same expectant smile, the same body language! I wish the student had learned good gynecology rather than making belladonna eyes from this person. Lucky I had not been fooled either by the student (on multiple occasions) or by the teacher.

प्रशंसा करायचीय, नावे ठेवायचीयेत, काही विचारायचय, किंवा करायला आणखी चांगले काही सुचत नाहीये, तर क्लिक करा.

संपर्क