Thursday, November 22, 2012

The High - The Crash

I was on my way home after a day at work. I had just got out of the gate of the institute, when I saw a couple of boys riding a bicycle. They were coming hurtling down the single lane left after the monorail work had occupied half the width of the road. The thing was that both of them were on a high. They had wide grins on their faces, their hands were off the handle or any other support, held high in the air. They would have looked good in a bicycle stunt show. What is shown below is my computer aided reproduction of my memory of the duo.

They went about 40 feet and crashed where the monorail pillar had reduced the single lane from the side too. I ran to see if they needed help. By the time I reached them, a crowd had collected around them. One of them had dragged his friend and then the cycle5to the side of the road. The fellow who had been so dragged was sitting on the edge of the pavement, wincing in pain. Nothing seemed to be broken. A couple of policemen happened to come by on a bike. One of them advised the fellow to call his mother on a phone. The other advised him to site on the pavement away from the road. Elderly women criticized them for reckless riding of the bicycle, and blamed their mothers for them being what they were.
They just needed time to recover their morale. So I went my way. On the way I was thinking of what had happened to them just outside our compound, and something similar that had happened recently to someone inside our compound - an intense ride on a high and then a crash.

प्रशंसा करायचीय, नावे ठेवायचीयेत, काही विचारायचय, किंवा करायला आणखी चांगले काही सुचत नाहीये, तर क्लिक करा.

संपर्क