Wednesday, March 27, 2013

3D Model of Pelvic Structures

I felt a 3D model of a woman's pelvic structures would be very useful for teaching anatomy to undergraduate students, and pelvic surgery to both undergraduate and postgraduate students. I made one, which looks as follows. The blog page does not permit it to be rotated through all angles and in all directions, but in my browser with a 3D plugin, it can be rotated. I have put it on my website along with my 3D instruments, at this address.
I could have labelled this diagram, but I have no heart to mess with the 3D view with 2d arrows and text. A key to the color code is as follows.

Color Structure
Grey-green Pubic bone and sacrum
Light violet Uterus and fallopian tubes
Dark pink Vagina
Purple Bladder and urethra
Yellow Rectum
Brown Round, uteroovarian,  cardinal and uterosacral ligaments
White Ovaries
Red Uterine and ovarian arteries
Blue Uterine and ovarian veins
Dark brown Levator ani muscle

प्रशंसा करायचीय, नावे ठेवायचीयेत, काही विचारायचय, किंवा करायला आणखी चांगले काही सुचत नाहीये, तर क्लिक करा.

संपर्क