Monday, March 11, 2013

Radical Cure Of Plant Fungus

We have a large number of potted plants at home. Once the Hibiscus developed powdery mildew - a fungal infection. It was a sort of an epidemic that affected many trees and plants in the neighborhood. We washed the leaves, but it would not go away. Most of the affected trees and plants died. But I could not bear to let ours die. So I made a solution of clotrimazole vaginal pessaries that are used to treat vaginal candidiasis. I sprayed the affected plant with it. It cured the plant. It is still alive and flowering a couple of years later.
When the Guava tree outside my office window developed the same, I knew it would die if not treated in time. I could not spray a tree one floor high. It was a job for professionals. I wrote to the Professor who had been assigned the job of looking after the gardens. It appeared that this Professor had released herself from the job after the assigning Dean had retired. But she told me whom to call. I called the concerned department. The personnel from that department came, inspected the tree, and made an appointment for the next day. The next day I found the tree totally cut off.
"Why did they cut off the tree?" I asked our servant. "They had to spray it with antifungal solution."
"They said they did not have any such medicines. The only way to cure it was to put the plant out of its misery."
"God Bless" I murmured, deeply pained at what had been done.

प्रशंसा करायचीय, नावे ठेवायचीयेत, काही विचारायचय, किंवा करायला आणखी चांगले काही सुचत नाहीये, तर क्लिक करा.

संपर्क