Wednesday, March 13, 2013

Funky Watering Can

I read once in a newspaper that plants should be watered with a watering can and not with a hose. It was said that it saved water. I even recall seeing a photograph someone from British Royal family watering plants with a watering can. Well, I remember wondering if they did not have gardeners. Perhaps it was a photo released to the media by the PR persons, like once a Dean of a civic hospital was shown measuring the water level in the hospital's underground water reservoir with a stick inserted through its open lid. Or one of a specialty head of department telling us a story of how she took the hose from the gardener of the hospital and watered a plant, and that she was hoping a journo would happen to pass by and take her picture and put it in newspapers.
I water potted plants in my house because someone has to water them and we do not hire a gardener to manage our hobby for us. I used to pour water in the pots until my wife said it was wastage of a lot of water, most of which ran off. Since there was not enough space to use a watering can, I devised one out of an empty plastic bottle of mineral water. I made a number of holes in its lids. When filled with water and held inverted, it sprinkled water. One has to squeeze it to make the water jets spurt out. I made three D models of my make shift watering bottle and an actual watering can, just to show off my expertise (!) at 3D modeling. In the picture below, A and B are shots of my model of the bottle from different angles, and C is a watering can. I hope you appreciate the holes in the cap and nozzle. I spent much more time making these models from nothing, than making holes in the cap of a real mineral water bottle.

प्रशंसा करायचीय, नावे ठेवायचीयेत, काही विचारायचय, किंवा करायला आणखी चांगले काही सुचत नाहीये, तर क्लिक करा.

संपर्क