Friday, March 8, 2013

Women's Day Special

The civic body has decided to celebrate women's day in a big way this time. There are to be joint health care clinics catering to civic employee women's needs like gynecologic disorders, psychiatric disorders, dental needs, physiotherapy needs, and urinary incontinence. The celebration is to start a week after the actual day itself, and is to continue for a month or so. I wonder why the civic body feels its women employees need psychiatric care. I only hope that women's organizations do not take offense at such a suggestion. I have not been any part of making of such a decision. But I felt that women should have at least my best wishes for the day, since the actual celebration by the civic body would be sort of a belated one.
I started with my batch of undergraduate students. Out of ten students, two were women and eight were men.
"Happy women's day to you two" I told the women students during my teaching session. They seemed very happy at that. Then I turned towards the guys and said "Happy women's day to girlfriends of those of you who have girlfriends." Two of the eight perked up at that and smiled broadly. The other six seemed downcast. "I wish that those of you who do not have girlfriends at present will have them by the time of the women's day next year." All of the six perked up at that. "But that does not mean you leave studies and start looking for girlfriends. Do that only if your parents want you to do so." Their laughter sounded as if they did not plan to ask for parental permissions.
I wished 'Happy Women's Day" to the nurses in my operation theater, where I was working today, and also to clerical staff in our office, where I went after the OT was over. They all were happy with that wish. It made me wonder how little it takes to make women happy - just a heart felt wish would do it.

प्रशंसा करायचीय, नावे ठेवायचीयेत, काही विचारायचय, किंवा करायला आणखी चांगले काही सुचत नाहीये, तर क्लिक करा.

संपर्क