Sunday, May 5, 2013

Funky Knife Handle

Good things are said not to last forever. Well, we had a good knife. One morning its handle came off the blade. We could not use it any more because we dared not cut anything holding only the blade. We could not embed the blade into the handle, because it is a machine process and we did not have any machine that could do it. I could throw it away and buy another, but was reluctant to throw away a perfectly good blade. Then being a gynecologist helped. I had a sturdy plastic applicator that came with a tube of vaginal antifungal cream tube. I had given the tube to some patient while the applicator had remained. I removed its plunger. Then I held one end of the knife with pliers and embedded its other end into the tube. I was lucky that it was a tight fit.


It works wonderfully. I think I can apply the same principle to fitting scalpel blades when the Bard Parker handle is not available due to any reason. I will need a smaller diameter stiff plastic tube though.


प्रशंसा करायचीय, नावे ठेवायचीयेत, काही विचारायचय, किंवा करायला आणखी चांगले काही सुचत नाहीये, तर क्लिक करा.

संपर्क