Wednesday, May 1, 2013

Hit and Repair

I had written before how I had repaired my optical mouse. It had started acting up, and when it would not let me do my 3D modeling despite repeated efforts on a single step, I had slammed it hard in a rage. It had started working. After the same treatment over a week whenever it acted up, it kept working. Now it is a couple of months since then, and it is working like a charm.
The method works. It used to work when our radio stopped working. I recall thumping its top as a child 50 years ago, and it would start working. When my keyboard stopped skipping certain keys, I could not type in my passwords for log ins, and type out text without spelling errors. Replacing keys does not work, because the error is below the keys, and replacements are not available anyway. I tried cleaning it with a vacuum cleaner and also with a blower. Both methods failed. Before throwing it away and buying a new one, I decided to give my 'Hit and Repair' a method a go. I lifted it and banged on the desk. It worked. Now it is typing smoothly for the last three days. If it stops working again, I will thump it again. Next time you have mouse or keyboard trouble, try this method. What do you have to lose? If it does not work, you can always replace the hardware as you would have done anyway.

प्रशंसा करायचीय, नावे ठेवायचीयेत, काही विचारायचय, किंवा करायला आणखी चांगले काही सुचत नाहीये, तर क्लिक करा.

संपर्क