Tuesday, December 23, 2014

How People Paint

It was not actually an experiment, but turned out to be one anyway. I was having trouble filling color in black-and-white vector graphics, as I wrote in my previous post. I managed somehow, and the result was as shown below.

Then I spoke to someone much younger than me (but an adult). He offered to find a solution to my problem. So I sent him the same original graphic. He returned it in five minutes, saying he had no problem filling it up with color. He ran Windows 8. The result was as follows.
This post is not about the version of Windows one runs. It is about painting. I am aware an actual snail does not have colors as shown in either of the illustrations above. Both look nice, and I cannot decide which one looks nicer. Both of us ended up painting the eyes blue. Some psychologist might interpret the use of different colors differently. My own interpretation is that there is a child in each of us, and that child loves colors and filling colors in drawings, and in the mind of each the color of the same object can be different.

(Acknowledgement: I have used a black-and-white drawing from the following web page of ClipArtBest.com, which gives free images for use. The coloring and write up are my own.
http://www.clipartbest.com/black-and-white-cartoon-animals)

प्रशंसा करायचीय, नावे ठेवायचीयेत, काही विचारायचय, किंवा करायला आणखी चांगले काही सुचत नाहीये, तर क्लिक करा.

संपर्क