Monday, December 1, 2014

Novel Contraception

Usually the histories of new patients are written by the resident doctors in the outpatient clinic, and then the patients go for a clinical examination to senior doctors. But there was a big queue for history taking and no patients for examination. So I went to write a few histories. There was a 24 year old patient, who had come for a check up because she had missed her menstruation by 5 days. After asking about the complaint, menstrual, obstetric, medical, surgical, and personal history, I asked her about her use of any contraception.
"Yes. My husband uses condoms" she said.
I had known that most of the couples coming to our clinic were not very regular in their use of condoms, when they used condoms at all. So I asked, "when does your husband use condoms? Does he use a condom every time?"
"No, not every time" she said. "He uses only during my menstruation."
"What does he use at the the other times?" I asked when I had recovered from the shock I experienced.
"Nothing" she said.
 Poor woman, I thought. No one has taught her that contraception is not required during menstruation. Poor woman, also because no one had taught her husband to leave her alone during her menstruation.

प्रशंसा करायचीय, नावे ठेवायचीयेत, काही विचारायचय, किंवा करायला आणखी चांगले काही सुचत नाहीये, तर क्लिक करा.

संपर्क