Friday, December 18, 2009

Gynec Urologists

I am proud to say that we are turning out residents with good training in gynec urology. A couple of years ago I improvised instruments and started transobturator tension free tape insertion for urinary stress incontinence. The kit from reputed companies, including disposable needles attached to the tape was available for 10000 to 20000 rupees. Since our patients were often very poor and could not afford such costly material, I improvised the technique and used Shirodkar's abdominal sling needle for this purpose. The needle is reusable after sterilization by autoclaving. The polypropylene mesh tape is purchased by the patients, and the entire expense is just 800 rupees for the material. My resident doctors now do the operation through a 1 cm long incision in the vagina in less than half an hour. I learnt from others that only urologists in the city perform these operations, and very few gynecologists do it in the private setup. I am proud that my residents will be able to do this operation with confidence and expertise in their practice after leaving our institute.

प्रशंसा करायचीय, नावे ठेवायचीयेत, काही विचारायचय, किंवा करायला आणखी चांगले काही सुचत नाहीये, तर क्लिक करा.

संपर्क