Friday, September 24, 2010

Queue To Beat Terror

I reached the hospital early, partly by accident, and partly because of the entry level hurdles placed for preventing terror attacks on the hospital. It was good I was early. I found a new hurdle. They had put barricades in a row, so that the ingoing human traffic had to move in single file, under scrutiny of the security guards strolling around or standing nonchalantly. I joined the queue which was moving rather slowly. There were about thirty people ahead of me. I did a rapid mental calculation to see if I would be able to make it to the signing in machine before time, and then go see my patients. Then an elderly guard came along, who had brought patients to me in the past for treatment. He recognized me and took me along to the head of the queue and let me in. He said the queue was not for people like me. I think they got the idea of making a queue by going for Ganesha Darshan in the recent Ganesha festival in the city. I have realized that I have to reach the hospital a half hour early every day if I have to sign in in time and then treat my patients in time. I wonder why they cannot start separate queues for staff members and hospital employees, patients and their relatives, and terrorists.

प्रशंसा करायचीय, नावे ठेवायचीयेत, काही विचारायचय, किंवा करायला आणखी चांगले काही सुचत नाहीये, तर क्लिक करा.

संपर्क