Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Stop? No way!

It was our morning round as usual. The Registrar was presenting cases. We were discussing the important aspects of each patient's management before moving on. We were about halfway through. I had a thought and I wanted to ask an academic question related to the condition the patient had that the Registrar had finished telling me about. I was facing her, while she was facing the direction of the remaining part of the ward yet to be visited. I held out my hand, palm forwards, gesturing her to stop. She saw my hand, decided I did not want her to pass in that direction, and turned abruptly to go around me. So I moved my hand in her path, in front of her new position, and held it there signifying I would like her to stop. Seeing that there was obstruction in that direction, she abruptly turned back to the first direction and tried to proceed forward to continue the round. I must say her dodging maneuvers were quite remarkable. “Wait” I said, “I am trying to stop you to ask you a question.” She stopped in the middle of her escape attempts, looking surprised. For a couple of moments she could not understand what the matter was. Then she understood that she could not decide when we were finished with a given patient and we could move on. She smiled, and said “Yes sir. What is the question.” “Let it be” I said “I will ask that some other time. I thank you for giving me something funny post on my blog.”

प्रशंसा करायचीय, नावे ठेवायचीयेत, काही विचारायचय, किंवा करायला आणखी चांगले काही सुचत नाहीये, तर क्लिक करा.

संपर्क