Friday, May 6, 2011

Bliss on duty

I was taking the morning round of the wards. It was 9:30 A.M. when I reached the labor ward. The duty room for women resident doctors is situated in the labor ward – waiting ward complex. I wanted to see if the room was OK and if the residents were maintaining it neat and tidy. The room was in a passable condition. Someone was fast asleep on one of the beds, a bed sheet drawn over the head. It had to be a woman resident, since it was the duty room for women residents. "Please go in and see who it is. Perhaps the girl is unwell" I said. So one resident went in, checked the sleeper and told us that it was a first post resident doctor from one particular unit, fast asleep. I finished the round, went back to my office, and started work. I had some work with the head of the same unit, so I called her. After finishing that work, I asked "Is any resident doctor missing from your unit?" "Yes. We are quite worried about her. She disappeared from 3:00 A.M. Her mobile is not reachable. How did you hear about her, Sir?" "I have found her" I said. "Found her? Where?" "She is sleeping in the women resident doctors' duty room" I said. "I will send someone there right away." The poor resident who had joined the department just three days ago must have liked the bed in the air conditioned ward and gone to sleep, perhaps thinking of the comforts of home. Perhaps it was her routine to sleep that late or even later.

प्रशंसा करायचीय, नावे ठेवायचीयेत, काही विचारायचय, किंवा करायला आणखी चांगले काही सुचत नाहीये, तर क्लिक करा.

संपर्क