Monday, May 23, 2011

Microsoft Genuine Advantage?

Software should always be licensed. Piracy is a curse and should be abolished. I have made these statements so that the readers understand my Windows XP, Vista, and 7 on different systems are licensed. Microsoft has software checks to confirm that the software is genuine. I had allowed the checks online, and got the genuine status confirmed on all systems. Then one day I installed Microsoft Security Essentials as a protection for the systems. There were two reasons. One was that my son, a computer wizard told me it was good. The second was that it was from Microsoft, so that it should integrate better with Microsoft Windows. That it was free was coincidental. I would have paid for it if it was not free. It was running fine, and taking updates too. One of my systems is not connected to net, because I use it only for desktop jobs. I update the antivirus on it using downloaded files from company websites. I have also switched off automatic updates on that system, because it just slows it down, and I do not need updates there. One day Security Essentials declared Windows XP on it was not genuine, stopped giving protection to the system and asked me to connect to net to confirm if it was genuine. So I put a long cable to the machine from the jack, and connected it. I followed all online instructions, but it would not recognize my Windows as genuine. In the meantime, My Windows continued to recognize itself as genuine and kept downloading updates like mad. Finally I solved the problem by uninstalling Security Essentials, reinstalling it, and leaving the automatic update on. Now it is functioning well, and since there is a bit of uninstalled update in the system, it keeps reminding me to install it, which convinces Security Essentials that my XP is genuine.

प्रशंसा करायचीय, नावे ठेवायचीयेत, काही विचारायचय, किंवा करायला आणखी चांगले काही सुचत नाहीये, तर क्लिक करा.

संपर्क